Sunday, June 21, 2009

What do YOU want to do, Daddy?


Kyle's first Father's Day as a new dad began as most weekend days around here have for several months. Luke woke up early, so Kyle got up and brought him to me to be fed. We made it to worship service at church in time to take Luke to the nursery for the first time, but only because Kyle got him ready while I was getting dressed.

I got off to a slow start, but for the rest of the day I tried to do what Kyle wanted to do. I have always known that he is a very selfless person (He spent his whole saturday off yesterday babysitting while the girls went shopping in Destin), but this became all the more obvious today when making an effort to do what HE wanted to do. More than once I had to stop him from folding clothes or straightening the house. Finally I asked, "What do YOU want to do, Daddy?"

Lunch was at Mildred's Tea Room, where you'd better fix your chocolate pudding and brownie dessert when you get your main course or it will be gone. (That won't happen to me twice!) When we got home he opened his card and his gifts from Luke and me.



Making the footprints was fun and a lot easier this time than when he was a newborn. He's kind of a little wiggleworm, but since I had help from Josh and Mary it only took two tries. It might have only taken one, had it not been for a little spit-up!




Luke fell asleep on the way home from Mildred's, so we were able to squeeze in a little nap before he was up and ready to go again. After the afternoon bottle and babyfood we loaded up the stroller and went to Westgate for a jog. Me jogging with Kyle is definitely a sacrifice, because I haven't run 3 miles since before Luke was born! Kyle would work out all day long if he could, so I know that he enjoyed the run. Looks like Luke did, too!




Even with all my efforts to make this day about Kyle, he still ended up giving Luke his bedtime bottle, as he always does, and while I took a shower he made dinner and helped with the dishes when we were done. I don't want to say that I am spoiled:), so lets just say I am very blessed. Never would I have dreamed of having such a wonderful, thoughtful, loving and trustworthy husband and father of my child. The love and sacrifice he gives are rivaled only by that I have experienced from my own father through the years.
Happy Father's Day, Kyle, Daryl and Daddy!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day to Kyle. Sweet presents and yay for the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I love that you added pics of making Kyle's Father's Day present. You're so creative!!! D

    ReplyDelete