Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So Cute It's Scary


This Halloween several moms got together to take the cutest picture ever of 6 infants and a toddler in their costumes. It didn't go quite as perfectly as we had hoped, but it was memorable nonetheless. After the photoshoot on our elaborate backdrop involving about a ton of candy, we spent the afternoon creating picture frames using Deborah's cricut machine. Our friend Alicia pasted "So cute it's scary" on hers, so that's where my title came from. I love it. It is so Alicia!

I'm sure everyone driving by thought we were insane.



This is about the best we could do. We've got Luke (headless monkey), Colt Parrish (bear), Ava Yates (ladybug), Julia Blank (peapod), Jack Peacock (puppy), Canon Moss (lion) and Alex Blank (spiderman).



We spent the entire day at the Moss's house in Grove Park. We got there around 10:30 to get the pictures done and really didn't leave until 12 hours later. It's a good thing we got there early, though, because at trick-or-treat time it took an act of Congress to get into that neighborhood. They had cops at the entrance checking ID's to be sure you really lived there. Otherwise, you were not allowed to drive in. I bet there were about a thousand kids! We were actually toward the back, so we didn't see quite as much action.

Overall, the babies did pretty good in their costumes. Luke still refused to wear the monkey head and since he was actually pretty entertained by looking at all the candy, I had to use it to get him to join in the fussing for this shot:



Here is the finished product of our entire day's work. The dad's were so sweet to babysit while we crafted, even though they thought our project was ridiculous.



Speaking of dads, Kyle joined in the fun, too. He was dressed as someone from the 60's and always likes to sport his 'stache. Julia and Alex's dad, Will, dressed up, too, but I don't have a picture! Didn't you take one, Mary??




By that night we didn't even try to get the babies in their costumes again. They were much happier without them, for sure.






Halloween at this age is much more fun for Mom than baby!

5 comments:

  1. Y'all are hilarious. I don't even know these other women and I love them. Just the idea of all of you brain storming a "baby group photo shoot" IN HALLOWEEN COSTUMES NO LESS!! :) "Luke the Headless Monkey" - I got a good laugh out of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures! The one of the 3 of them crying is hysterical! LOVE the Halloween frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You can steal my picture of Kyle and Will on my blog. Just right click, copy and paste on your hard drive...it's a good one of them:)
    This just makes me laugh...my favorite is of all three crying:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide if the crying babies or Kyle's "other personality" is my favorite. I really do like your crafts:) What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mandy! I'm Dana McCain from FBC. Luke was SO SWEET on Sunday during his dedication. :) He totally upstaged Johnny! We're so glad to have you guys as a part of our church family--and your halloween pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete