Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dancin' Machine

Isn't it amazing how much babies can learn so quickly? Every time we visit with someone who hasn't seen Luke in a while they ask about any new things he may be doing like "peek-a-boo," clapping, or giving "high-fives." I forgot to mention in the Thanksgiving post about Luke's newest achievement. The car he borrowed from Kate has a little 'radio' in it that plays a few tunes. When he kept playing the music over and over, my mom asked if he knew how to dance yet. I realized that I had never thought to teach him. (Not surprising.) She gave a quick demo (that I am dying to post for you, but no, I'm not going to, Mom.) and he caught on right away. He hasn't slowed down since. He loves to dance. To anything. If you tap your foot more than twice that can be considered a beat worth some moves. And he has got some sweet moves. It usually starts with the head (picture Night at the Roxbury), then some shoulder action (like Chris Rock in Rush Hour) and finishes with some good old-fashioned booty dancin'. It is so cute! Granmama taught him everything he knows.



When we got back to Dothan, it didn't take long for me to get out the Christmas decorations. Kyle wanted to wait until the first weekend in December, but I didn't quite make it. At least I waited until December 1st!

It seems like a bad idea to put the Christmas tree in the only room in which I can safely corral Busy Baby, but right next to the fireplace, in front of that middle window, is just the perfect place. So I did it anyway. So far, so good. He's not sure what to think of it just yet. Fortunately, I think he is still a little frightened by it.



This is his new Little People Nativity. I never knew "Away in a Manger" had such a good beat.



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 'round here...and somebody's birthday, too!

1 comment:

  1. Luke's dancing is so cute!! I wish I could put a video camera is the car. Jacie is hooked on Kiss, Rock n roll all nite and party everyday. No more noggin music for us!

    ReplyDelete