Friday, August 14, 2009

ADHD Housewife



This post is for you, Denise, not only because we were talking about it the other day, but also because you are the only one who reads my blog! Ha ha!

Tell me if this sounds familiar. So I'm folding clothes on our bed and I come across the bathmats. Even though I'm in the middle of the load I go into the bathroom to put them down. Before I can put them down, though, I have to sweep the floor. When I get back with the broom I notice that the sinks and mirrors are filthy. I put the broom down and go get the Windex and Scrubbing Bubbles. I cleaned the mirror and sinks then realize I need to take Luke's bouncer that he sits in while I'm in the shower to his room. When I get to his room I see that the trash is overflowing with dirty diapers, so I of course have to empty that, which reminds me that I should empty the trash in our bathroom and laundry room while I'm at it. At least now I'm back to our bathroom, so I sweep the floor and put down the mats. When I look around, our bed looks like the dryer exploded, there are cleaning supplies scattered around every room, Luke has peas all over him and on most of the clean laundry and the den could be a showroom for Toy's 'R Us. About that time, Kyle comes home. He doesn't say it, but I'm sure he wonders what I have been doing all day. Well, at least when he brushes his teeth tonight he will be standing on a clean bathmat!

Thanks for the sweet verse earlier!

Just as lotions and fragrance give delight,
a sweet friendship refreshes the soul. Proverbs 27:9

3 comments:

  1. Oh...I read your blog...I actually check my friends blogs just about everyday for new posts! Finally! Oh and I do the SAME thing when I clean! Needless to say, it's never ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's similar to my story, but my story has a plot twist. "I've got the Windex and scrubbing bubbles in hand when I look down and see the thing that needs to go in the room where the trash needs to go out - along with the rest of the trash in the house, including the bathroom where I need to clean the mirrors and sinks and...Where is the Windex and the scrubbing bubbles?" - and then I find them. In the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Too funny, Kaydee!! Sounds like in addition to your ADHD, you just plain have a lot on your mind. We miss you guys. Still waiting on Kyle's September schedule so we can make some plans to come up there...
    Oh, and I knew you guys would fall for my trick and post some comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete