Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Changing Fast

Pipes are fixed! We're back in business. It is SO great to have water again. I can't tell you how many times I put soap on my hands before I remembered there was no water. We were really shown a lot of goodness and lovingkindness in this situation, though. For one, our home warranty was going to expire this month and if the pipes had not busted I would have forgotten to renew it! It has covered almost every repair (including this one) that we have done since we moved in, which is not a lot, but you never know in an older house. Also, while the guy was under the house fixing the plumbing he discovered a live wire that could have been bad news for someone. Like the termite inspector who also came yesterday and was walking around under the house in the water. On top of all that, we really didn't even get upset about it. We just filled a few containers with water for the toilet and took showers at Barry and D's (thanks again, guys). If you know me very well, you know that I can get a little bent out-of-shape over things like this, which only makes the situation worse, so this way was much better.


Aside from the busted pipes, we had another great weekend. Saturday night we went to a concert, I guess you would say, at the art museum, although I'm really not sure of the name of the band. Someone local, K-something? Anyway, it was a great time and we met some cool new people. I still can't get over how many young couples live in Dothan!








We had a great visit with my parents last week, too. I don't think Luke is any more spoiled now than he was before they came. I guess that's really not possible, though...



While they were here, I tried to work on my landscaping again. The only new addition was a Chinese Evergreen Wisteria vine that we planted next to the front porch. I have visions of a cute little vine covering the ugly columns and that scalloped overhang thing, but we'll see.



Yesterday was an especially fussy morning for Luke, and I tried everything to keep him entertained. He loves to stand up, so this worked for a little while. And I know this is awful, but he is finally starting to watch TV a little more. He seems to like that Little Einstein video.
He hasn't quite mastered crawling yet, but he does pretty good with the army crawl. He has perfected sitting up on his own.




He just seems to be changing so fast. He went from just learning to sit up without support at 6 1/2 months to dragging himself around, getting on his hands and knees and then plopping over on his butt. Now it's not just dadadadada. There are all kinds of noises that sound like words. The other day my dad was asking him "where's Dada?" and he started looking around saying "Da! Da!" He's been cruising around on the furniture for about a month now, but yesterday he pulled himself up without my help. Now he gets up on his knees and grabs onto the edge of the crib and cries when he wants out. Time to lower it even more! That didn't last long.


I don't even know when he grew all this hair. We just started noticing that he has enough to spike now! He's working on growing more teeth now, too. (Probably part of the fussiness. That or the unexplained hives he has had for about 4 days...) I can see the very tip of a top front tooth coming in.




When we got back from Mexico, he started grabbing for the spoon while I'm trying to feed him. Now feeding him is almost impossible. He has to do it himself. It's not messy at all.

I know everyone says it and we'll say it a million more times, but it just goes by so fast! He'll be eight months old in 3 days!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG....i can't wait to see him! he's doing so much more now!! I'm sad:(

    ReplyDelete